User privacy rights
It applies to the Interswitch website and all related sites, applications, services and tools regardless of how they are accessed or used.
Click on any of the links below to go straight to one of the following sections.
- User privacy rights
- About Interswitch
- Scope and consent
- Collecting personal information
- Automatic Information
- Provided Information
- Using personal information
- Protection and storage of personal information
- Sharing personal information with other internet users
- Sharing personal information with other third parties
- Cross-border transfers of personal information
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis.
Scope and consent
Collecting personal information
We collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII), otherwise known as Personal Information or Personal Data. They include: Name, email address, phone number, contact address, limited financial information, location data, device data, etc.
We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Interswitch Services, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Interswitch Services.
When you use Interswitch Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities. In addition, if you open a QuickTeller account or use Interswitch Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Quickteller account or give us when you use Interswitch Services.
- We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our Oneview customer support team, your results when you respond to a survey, your interactions with members of the Interswitch Group or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts, we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole).
- Additionally, for quality and training purposes or for its own protection, Interswitch may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Interswitch, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
- Third Party Sources: We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
- Authentication and Fraud Detection: In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about you and your interactions with Interswitch Services.
- When you download or use our mobile applications or access one of our mobile-optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
User personal information
Interswitch collects personal information in order to provide users with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Furthermore, the information collected may also be used to: provide Interswitch Services and customer support; process transactions and send notices about your transactions; verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes; resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems; manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements; improve the Interswitch Services by customizing your user experience; measure the performance of the Interswitch Services and improve their content and layout; manage and protect our information technology infrastructure; provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences; contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging; perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, and compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Additionally, we may contact you via electronic means to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Furthermore, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts, and promotions, and inform you about Interswitch Services or its group services.
Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, auto-dialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Interswitch Services, content, and advertising.
When you access our websites or use Interswitch Services, we may place small data files on your computer or another device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, "Flash cookies," or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively referred to as "Cookies"). These technologies are used to recognize users as customers; customize Interswitch Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud, and to promote trust and safety across Interswitch Services and related sites.
Users can freely decline our Cookies if the web browser or browser add-on permits unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our websites and Interswitch Services.
Protection and storage of personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Lagos, Nigeria, and anywhere else where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Sharing personal information with other internet users
- When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, contact details, shipping and billing address, or other information needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction is held, fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction.
To facilitate dispute resolution, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller. The receiving party is not allowed to use this information for unrelated purposes, such as to directly market to you, unless you have agreed to it. Contacting users with unwanted or threatening messages is not authorized by Interswitch.
If someone is sending you money and enters your email address or phone number, we will provide them your registered name so they can verify they are sending the money to the correct account.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or send payments from or to you using Interswitch Services. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number, to inform you that a payment has been sent to you or when you attempt to pay a merchant or third party. We use this information to confirm that you are an Interswitch customer and that Interswitch as a form of payment can be enabled, or to send you notification of payment status. Also, if you request that we validate your status as an Interswitch customer with a third party, we will do so.
If you link your loyalty or a gift card of an Interswitch or Interswitch Group related merchant to your account, your card number may be available for your use with that merchant when you pay using Interswitch Services.
Please note that merchants, sellers, and users you buy from or contract with have their own privacy policies, and Interswitch does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing Interswitch Services, Interswitch is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
Notwithstanding, we will not disclose your credit/debit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you using Interswitch Services, or with the third parties that offer or use Interswitch Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with credit/debit card rules, a subpoena, or other legal processes.
Sharing personal information with other third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of the Interswitch group to provide joint content, products, and services (such as registration, transactions, and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services, and communications. Members of the group will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product. These financial institutions may only use this information to market Interswitch related products unless you have given consent for other uses.
Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
Banking partners as required by credit/debit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants.
Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Interswitch or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit/debit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Other unaffiliated third parties, for the following purposes:
We may share your personal information with:
- Fraud Prevention and Risk Management to help prevent fraud or assess and manage risk.
Customer Service for customer service purposes, including to help service your accounts or resolve disputes.
Shipping in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using Interswitch Services.
Legal Compliance to help them comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
Service Providers to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, customer service, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country. If you open a Quickteller or related wallet account directly on a third-party website or via a third-party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on an Interswitch website) will be shared with the owner of the third-party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information. Interswitch is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
Cross-border transfers of personal information
Interswitch is committed to adequately protecting your personal information regardless of where the data resides and to providing appropriate protection for your personal information where such data is transferred across borders, including outside of Nigeria.